Author Topic: Help finding minis  (Read 1962 times)

LaserJudas

• Steve the twice smitten
  • Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +69/-20060
  • Man, people CANNOT take a joke!
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
Help finding minis
« on: May 01, 2014, 08:59:06 PM »
So, I am working on my board game, and I am going to be going with a 25mm hex system.  What I would LOVE to utilize a modular construction system to build each creature in-game, that would be INSANELY cost prohibitive, as anyone who wanted to make the game (either me, via Kickstarter) or a publisher via me selling the rights to publish, would need to make, at current time, 54 molds that would be able to attach to one another.

Not gonna happen.

So, what I plan on doing is picking up some 25mm figures based on the body aspect of the creature you've chosen to use.  So, I will need to find 18 specific 25mm minis.  The problem is, I really don't know who sells them or even where to look.

So, if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction, that would be lovely.  Here's the rundown of all 18 creatures that I currently have in my game:

Bison, Bombardier Beetle, Cheetah, Crocodile, Gecko, Gila Monster, Grizzly Bear, Jackal, King Crab, Millipede, Poison Arrow Frog, Rhinoceros, Scorpion, Snapping Turtle, Spitting Spider, Termite, Tiger and Trapdoor Spider. 

Now, obviously things like the frog could be a more generic frog mini, and the spiders could be the same (but I'd rather not, in case two people decide to use the spider bodies), but that's the list.

Also, for anyone interested, I'll be making a page for the game on Facebook where I'll be posting updates and whatnot.  I currently have a private group, but having a page would be better for doing things like having different FB images for posting purposes.  Not necessary, I know, but I'm goofy that way.
I think Duncan looks like a tiny little girl.

But, seriously, my excitement for this game grows with each passing week.  Like a fetus.

What I'm telling you guys is that I'm pregnant with MERCS' baby.  I hope it's a tailless.

LaserJudas

• Steve the twice smitten
  • Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +69/-20060
  • Man, people CANNOT take a joke!
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
Re: Help finding minis
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 09:03:22 PM »
As a side note, anyone interested on more details, I'll be happy to make a thread about the game with more details. 
I think Duncan looks like a tiny little girl.

But, seriously, my excitement for this game grows with each passing week.  Like a fetus.

What I'm telling you guys is that I'm pregnant with MERCS' baby.  I hope it's a tailless.

CarelessOpossum

• Captain
  • Serendipity: +15/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Trickster
Re: Help finding minis
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »
As a side note, anyone interested on more details, I'll be happy to make a thread about the game with more details.

I'll bite.

Tell me the story of the Termite, Bison, and King Crab.