Eric the Unready

• Lair
  • Serendipity: +6/-1
  • Sling me some Hero-juice!
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Trickster
Recon
« on: February 27, 2014, 01:05:24 PM »
OK, I know Recon has not started yet. But I wanted to get the discussion (wild speculation) going with the comments made on the Myth KS page. What kind of Myth content will be in the Recon KS?

I hope it is add-on stuff, I mean Recon looks great, just not the kind of game I normally play....

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:18:07 PM by Madclaw »

LaserJudas

• Steve the twice smitten
  • Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +69/-20060
  • Man, people CANNOT take a joke!
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
Re: Recon
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 04:56:52 PM »
Fully compatible with Myth!  pewpew lasers versus Orcneas!
I think Duncan looks like a tiny little girl.

But, seriously, my excitement for this game grows with each passing week.  Like a fetus.

What I'm telling you guys is that I'm pregnant with MERCS' baby.  I hope it's a tailless.

Ace Histoli

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:29:20 PM »
Somewhere I read that the Trickster is part of the MERCS universe. Sounds interesting...

I am so pledging for Recon as soon as it starts...

RemiBureau

• Archer
  • Serendipity: +27/-1
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:23:22 PM »
Yes, they said during the KS that you would be able to use the Trickster in Mercs eventually, so maybe the Myth/Recon crossover has something to do with him. (maybe "crossover" is a bit much, but...)
Acolyte - Keeping the Faith since 2015

Smoothsmith

• Captain
  • Serendipity: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 11:17:26 AM »
I don't think I'll be able to back recon, unless I find a way to sell my PS3 for a decent price or something ^^.

Can't wait to hear about it though, and will be putting in $1 just to watch progress. I hope it explodes its way onto the top 10 kickstarter board games geeklist on bgg! Is it supposed to be a module for mercs or is it a totally separate standalone that happens to have interchangeable pieces?

Beefcake

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +16/-5
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Spriggan
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 07:49:29 PM »
I don't think I'll be backing this one either. Have to scrimp and save at the moment. I hope it would be completely different to Myth though and wouldn't have crossovers.

RemiBureau

• Archer
  • Serendipity: +27/-1
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Acolyte
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 09:51:04 PM »
With the exception of being able to play the Trickster in Recon, I don't see much mixing possible. I don't think Grubbers would last long in Recon...
But I guess we'll be fixed next week.

While Recon doesn't look like my kinda game so far, I'll give the KS a good hard look before I make up my mind.
Acolyte - Keeping the Faith since 2015

The Voivod

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +15/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Archer
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 06:52:36 AM »
Unlikely to back as well. Have to start setting money aside for myth2 if I want that.
Curious about the 'myth content'.
'Torture first, then talk. It's better that way. Rush a torture, ruin a torture.'

thetang22

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +18/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 10:08:22 AM »
Unlikely to back as well. Have to start setting money aside for myth2 if I want that.
Curious about the 'myth content'.

I'm in the same boat.  While the concept of Recon sounds interesting, as well as the Myth content, I can't be throwing down hundreds of dollars on different Kickstarters multiple times a year.  If I'm going to commit to any big Kickstarter this year, it'll be the Myth expansion(s).

Beefcake

• Acoylyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 02:21:08 PM »
Agreed. I'm, like most people, still waiting on the vast majority of my pledges to be fulfilled from the Kickstarters I've backed.

Patrick, The Researcher

• Captain
  • Serendipity: +8/-1
  • I am Lord Twinkington
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Trickster
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 03:20:28 PM »
I am up in the air about backing but I will throw this piece of speculation in and just walk away: the clockwork race or something similar as a crossover enemy... Maybe sentry turrets and automated defenses in recon will represent the race in myth.
I respect but do not fear the murphy bat.

chimaerical

• Merchant
  • Serendipity: +8/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Sellsword
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »
If they handle Recon as well as they have run Myth, it'll have a good chance of my support. And though, the theme does not interest me as much, I'm keen to see what they will do with it and how the mechanics work. I hope they'll have a ton of gameplay videos ready to go.
“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”

Beefcake

• Acoylyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 02:14:05 AM »
***beefcake suffering from internal conflict*** "No I mustn't... But it's already making me want it...AAAARGH!!!!"

Fade2Gray

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +12/-1
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Green Lantern
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 06:20:39 PM »
I'm really torn. I've been VERY impressed with how Brian and Co. have run the Myth Kickstarter, so I'd be happy to take another spin with them again. That being said, I'm not a huge sci-fi board game fan, Myth promises to scratch my co-op itch, and I'm not wanting to throw down hundreds on another game right now. I really hope that they either keep the entry price with SGs relatively low or they make the "Myth content" available as add-ons. Unfortunately, neither one of those seem very likely to me.
All You're Typo Are Belong To Us

LaserJudas

• Steve the twice smitten
  • Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +69/-20060
  • Man, people CANNOT take a joke!
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 07:23:03 PM »
I prefer my sci-fi to be of the ship combat variety.
I think Duncan looks like a tiny little girl.

But, seriously, my excitement for this game grows with each passing week.  Like a fetus.

What I'm telling you guys is that I'm pregnant with MERCS' baby.  I hope it's a tailless.