Author Topic: Turn sequence cards,  (Read 4244 times)

Vehemoth

• Merchant
  • Serendipity: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Turn sequence cards,
« on: May 02, 2013, 03:37:58 PM »
Hey Mythers and Mythisses alike! As this is the suggestions forum, I'm hoping the game makers maybe hopefully stumble upon this, but I'd love to hear other future gamers ideas on it...

After watching some of the gameplay videos, I'm concerned that some game groups (such as mine) might get confused through the turn on who has done what and if they still have actions to do, etc. I like that this co-op game doesn't have a strict "Here's your turn, then the next player, etc." structure but I also feel that it could get muddied in gameplay.

So my suggestion is just a couple cards or tokens that can be used to track when players have moved/done an action/etc, similar to Descent 2E. If someone does their standard move, flip a token, or put it somewhere on the board; if a player is entirely done with their turn, flip a card. You guys are the designers, I'm sure you could incorporate better than I can explain it, but the suggestion is there!
And we shall slay Steve, the first orc boss.

FeelNFine

• Captain
  • Serendipity: +7/-0
  • Just Imagine
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Apprentice
Re: Turn sequence cards,
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 05:46:27 PM »
A way of marking movement might be nice considering how long a round can go, but since your action sits on the table infront of you on a card I think that's already taken care of.
I can't wait for this signature to be filled with links to gameplay variants.

Deius

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:48:09 PM »
I could get behind a movement tracker - maybe a set of the movement sigils off the cards that you could put a token on, or some similar.

Vehemoth

• Merchant
  • Serendipity: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »
A way of marking movement might be nice considering how long a round can go, but since your action sits on the table infront of you on a card I think that's already taken care of.

Silly me, having the cards in front of us IS a good indicator of what everyone's done so far  ;D Minus the idea of a movement tracker, we've essentially rendered this post redundant, but I'll keep it up if anyone else wants to chime in concerning related ideas or concerns...
And we shall slay Steve, the first orc boss.

DoberFrann

• Captain
  • Serendipity: +3/-3
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Iron Man
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 10:39:15 AM »
The fact is in Myth players have no turns. All players play concurrently. As long you have actions slots available you can do anything. For the movement, you generally only move once.
I wanna live my life in a fairy tale, where the end is always good and never sad.

Shobai

• Apprentice
  • Serendipity: +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »
i figure that as long as you remember to move before playing your action cards, you should be fine.

'do i need to move into range for this ...?'

'do i need to move out of range of ...?'

'do i want to leg it towards that piece of treasure?'

etc

Iron Syndicate

• The Typo!
  • Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +15/-0
  • Ask me about our specials.
    • View Profile
    • ItaiRose.com
  • Hero: Spider-Man
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 05:41:56 PM »
i figure that as long as you remember to move before playing your action cards, you should be fine.

etc

Not necessarily as some actions benefit from staying still...
Typo free since 2015.

Shobai

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »

etc

Not necessarily as some actions benefit from staying still...

But that is my point - if movement is sorted before you do any actions, etc, you'll already know how you've moved when it comes to checking for those.

Iron Syndicate

• The Typo!
  • Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +15/-0
  • Ask me about our specials.
    • View Profile
    • ItaiRose.com
  • Hero: Spider-Man
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 02:54:05 AM »
What I meant was, there are some instances where you'll want to take your action and then move. Maybe you're playing Trickster, so you may want to throw down a trap, then retreat out of range.

The fluid nature of the players' turn is one of the things I like in MYTH, so locking it down and saying "first you move, then you take your actions" can hurt the gameplay...
Typo free since 2015.

Shobai

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 05:28:32 AM »
well, like they say, the exceptions make the rule. it really just comes back to keeping track of what you've done this turn, and no legislation is going to cover that for you =)

Yamato

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +16/-1
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Necromancer
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 08:09:51 AM »
A set of status tokens with the movement symbols on them would be good enough,... You'd only need two per,... Ten total as they would be double sided,... (No move, cautious move, full move, aggressive move)

ID vote for that to be included as cardboard counters in the box  ;D