Author Topic: [PBF] META-MYTH : Play By Forum - First Run  (Read 2168 times)

DoberFrann

• Captain
  • Serendipity: +3/-3
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Iron Man
[PBF] META-MYTH : Play By Forum - First Run
« on: May 08, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »
META-MYTH PLAY BY FORUM

General Rules

This game is more like a 4-hands story then an RPG.
Each character can do anything that is deemed possible; however, only one big actions should be done per character. Every three big actions will make the Darkness activate.
Let the story flow, and remember is not about winning or losing, but is about the story.
Let's try to implement MYTH's rules and mechanics, but let's try to be more about the narration instead of the rules.
Let's use simpler rules to allow the story to flow.

What to do

Jump in with your character, describe why you are there or what you see. You can be descriptive but be brief!

[Rules in progress]
I wanna live my life in a fairy tale, where the end is always good and never sad.

DoberFrann

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [PBF] META-MYTH : Play By Forum - First Run
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:55:02 PM »
Name: DoberFrann
Class: Soldier

Abilities (3)
- Cleave
- ?
- ?

Equipment
- Leather Armor with metal Shoulder Pad
- Iron Sword

Serendipity: 0

It was a quiet evening at the Friendly Hearth tavern. I was drinking my cider and eating a poultry stew. At some point I stumbled on the floor and the darkness sweeps over me. I woke up and find myself in a pile of people. I didn't know at the time whether they were dead or unconscious, all I care is that I didn't know where I was and I had to get out of there.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:06:20 PM by DoberFrann »
I wanna live my life in a fairy tale, where the end is always good and never sad.

DoberFrann

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »
After standing for a while and looked around me. The smell was pungent, and there was only one way out of that room. I started walk out to find myself in a wider room and as I scan the area, my eyes could not believed what they saw! Filthy terrifying creature similar to arachnids where in the middle of a room, next to what it look like was a nest. They were emitting short screeching noise, maybe a form of communications. I tried to stay out of their sight, and I withdrew my sword.

FryderykC

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 07:42:46 PM »
I settled down with a wheel of cheese at the Friendly Hearth. Times had been tough after going on the straight and narrow, not many adventurers were willing to recruit a reformed brigand - much less one of the rat-folk. I looked over at my small arachnid circus that I had been touring around the country side to eke out enough gold to feed the 100-odd rat babies back home. They were building a nest. Cute, I thought. I headed over to the rest room confident that nothing could possibly go wrong with this situation.

FryderykC

• Myth Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 07:49:04 PM »
When I returned, the room was shrouded in darkness and the floor littered with unconscious bodies. Here we go again I sighed. Through the gloom I spotted a warrior wielding what looked like a large iron sword. I hope they know how to use that I thought as I drew my dagger and slipped into the shadows.

DoberFrann

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 03:35:43 AM »
As I was sliding by the wall I was keeping an eye on the creatures. There were probably close to ten. I moves cautiously, hoping not to get their attention. There was a hall leading out from there just on the other side. I was getting closer to it when suddenly I stumbled on a cracked tile on the floor, and while attempting to get my balance back my sword hit the word making a sharp metallic noise. All those creatures turned around and fixed their multiple eyes on me. There was no other way but confrontation.

DoberFrann

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 01:43:37 PM »
I ran and attacked the first of those arachnid and managed to crack one open with one blow! As the others got closer I let my blade swing and cleaved two others.

Mykalson

• Apprentice
  • Serendipity: +7/-1
  • May you always find water and shade.
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 02:15:38 PM »
Name: Will Mykalson
Class: ?

Abilities (3)
- ?
- ?
- ?

Equipment
- Black Leather Longcoat
- Mysterious-looking Black hat with perfectly flat brim as wide as his shoulders
- ?

Serendipity: 0
A hideous shriek fills the room as a wall explodes under the force of an enormous scorpion crashes through. The vile beast looms over the valiant hero, venom dripping from its stinger, poised to strike.  Its rope thick muscles contract, and the tip springs forward!

Suddenly, A mysterious figure spins past the huge tail in a whirl of dark leather, and the top half of the tree-thick appendage erupts in a gout of green gore. The severed tail plops down on .  The newcomer vanishes again as quickly as he appears.

A friendly voice booms out of the darkness, coming from nowhere in particular,"Well met, friend. Last time I ate here, this place wasn't self-serve.  I'll let you have the tail, if you'll crack those claws for me. It's been a long day, and I'm more than a mite peckish."

Archer FTW!

KeanuReev

• Myth Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 11:00:38 PM »
close to ten. I moves cautiously, hoping not to get their attention