Author Topic: "Starting Party" conversions  (Read 1508 times)

MythMaster

• Administrator
  • Archer
  • Serendipity: +40/-1
  • It's a Typo!
    • View Profile
    • Lands of Myth
"Starting Party" conversions
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:55:40 AM »
Since anyone going double captain will have 2 copies of the heroes, I was thinking it makes a great opportunity to make "starting" level miniatures through conversions.

For example, the first one I want to do is swap out the soldier's sword with a fireplace poker.  In reality, he'll probably be armed with it much more often than with the sword.  Then after finding a sword, the miniature can be changed out.

How many other heroes do we know starting gear on, and is anyone else planning on anything like this?
----------------------------
MYTH Kickstarter backer.
Counting down to January 2015 2014.

Madclaw

• Global Moderator
  • Archer
  • Serendipity: +42/-3
  • Protecting you while you post!
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Apprentice
Re: "Starting Party" conversions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:22:56 AM »
Might be interesting to do. Although you may not have to swap it out. You could just shave the sword down, rather than cutting it off.
The New and Improved Murphy Bat, with all new Kung Fu Moderator Grip!

MythMaster

• Administrator
  • Archer
  • Serendipity: +40/-1
  • It's a Typo!
    • View Profile
    • Lands of Myth
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
I might go that route, although if I find a good fireplace poker, the nice thing about cleanly cutting things off is that they can be used for other conversions later.

The other conversion I've identified is that I definitely need to do some weapon swaps on some of the orc captains.  The really simple one I'll do first is cutting a left hand weapon off one, a right hand weapon off another, and trade them.  That will quickly give me 2xAxe, 2xMace, and Axe/Mace versions of the captain to at least give a little bit of variety on the tabletop, and I know the weapons will be scaled right for that particular miniature.
----------------------------
MYTH Kickstarter backer.
Counting down to January 2015 2014.

thetang22

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +18/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 11:11:22 AM »
For the Fireplace poker - the easiest thing to do would be to chop the sword off, then run a thin metal rod through the hands, and putty on the little hook.  Trying to file it down from the sword that's currently there, while a creative way to do it, would unfortunately be much more hassle than it's worth in that case.

Madclaw

• Global Moderator
  • Archer
  • Serendipity: +42/-3
  • Protecting you while you post!
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 01:19:50 PM »
In this vein have we heard anything on the non-range using skeles that have bows? Are they going to actually be ranged? Or will they not be? Because that will probably be on the list as well.
The New and Improved Murphy Bat, with all new Kung Fu Moderator Grip!