Author Topic: Clear Plastic Brigand Add-On Purchase  (Read 8606 times)

chimaerical

• Merchant
  • Serendipity: +8/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Sellsword
Clear Plastic Brigand Add-On Purchase
« on: May 22, 2013, 06:51:36 AM »
Not sure whether this has been raised before, but I think the addition of a clear plastic brigand miniature (Or indeed the two) to denote whether a player was currently 'in shadows' would make a great add-on purchase for the pledge manager. Thoughts?
“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”

Iron Syndicate

• The Typo!
  • Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +15/-0
  • Ask me about our specials.
    • View Profile
    • ItaiRose.com
  • Hero: Spider-Man
Re: Clear Plastic Brigand Add-On Purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 07:38:43 AM »
I think it's a bit late in the game for them to add it.

My suggestion would be to purchase an additional Brigand and paint it in dark hues...
Typo free since 2015.

thetang22

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +18/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »
I'm sure there are a variety of people who would be interested in this.  I'm in the camp of thinking a simple status effect-style token would be easier to manage.  With as often as the gameplay vids show the Brigand going in and out of shadows, I think it would be more of a pain in the ass to switch out the mini every time than what it's worth.

Iron Syndicate

• The Typo!
  • Double Captain
    • View Profile
    • ItaiRose.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:50:54 AM »
I'm sure there are a variety of people who would be interested in this.  I'm in the camp of thinking a simple status effect-style token would be easier to manage.  With as often as the gameplay vids show the Brigand going in and out of shadows, I think it would be more of a pain in the ass to switch out the mini every time than what it's worth.

This is happening. There are a bunch of status effect tokens that will be included in the game (Shadows, Prone, Poison, Frozen and a few more).
If you look at the hero board video, you can see there's a place to put status effects between the item slots and the inventory.
Typo free since 2015.

thetang22

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +18/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 10:14:47 AM »

This is happening. There are a bunch of status effect tokens that will be included in the game (Shadows, Prone, Poison, Frozen and a few more).
If you look at the hero board video, you can see there's a place to put status effects between the item slots and the inventory.

I know....I was simply saying I think the status effect token will be the easier way of doing it.

Mykalson

• Apprentice
  • Serendipity: +7/-1
  • May you always find water and shade.
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 02:58:46 PM »
I think it would be cool if there were something we could put on the mini to denote the shadow instead of a token on the character sheet, like a translucent cloak or  something to put around the mini's base, but I'd rather not have a completely different miniature. If I go to the trouble to paint all my minis, I don't want to swap one of them out for a clear piece of plastic.

Granted, I can see why others might want this option, and I know of other games that do it, but it's not something I'd buy for myself.

Archer FTW!

Artisan

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +19/-5
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Les Stroud
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 03:33:53 PM »
I bought an extra two-pack of Brigands for the express purpose of creating an In-Shadow variant for each gender.  If there were translucent versions, I'd feel like they were invisible, not simply hiding in the shadows.  If you'd rather they be invisible, I guess you could just take the mini off the board and put down a blank base.
Don't listen to anything I say.  I'm still a n00b.

Iron Syndicate

• The Typo!
  • Double Captain
    • View Profile
    • ItaiRose.com
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 03:54:05 PM »
I think it would be cool if there were something we could put on the mini to denote the shadow instead of a token on the character sheet, like a translucent cloak or  something to put around the mini's base, but I'd rather not have a completely different miniature. If I go to the trouble to paint all my minis, I don't want to swap one of them out for a clear piece of plastic.

Granted, I can see why others might want this option, and I know of other games that do it, but it's not something I'd buy for myself.

Maybe you can use a glasses/screen cleaning cloth to drape over the mini?
Typo free since 2015.

Mykalson

• Apprentice
  • Serendipity: +7/-1
  • May you always find water and shade.
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 05:51:24 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Ridge-Magic-Silk-Red/dp/B00168H512/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369262929&sr=8-1&keywords=silk+handkerchief

You could get one of these in black, cut out a swatch, re-sew the edges. A little work, but not terrible when compared to painting minis, lol.

Plus you could make a ton from one of them and sell the rest for a couple bucks a piece easily at a meetup.
Archer FTW!

Artisan

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +19/-5
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Les Stroud
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 07:04:19 AM »
So... the MERCs had a clear plastic brigand variant available for purchase at PAX East.  Did anyone grab one of those?  Kenny has suggested that they might be available through the MERCs store, or maybe even through the next KS.
Don't listen to anything I say.  I'm still a n00b.

Granite26

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 12:55:59 PM »
So... the MERCs had a clear plastic brigand variant available for purchase at PAX East.  Did anyone grab one of those?  Kenny has suggested that they might be available through the MERCs store, or maybe even through the next KS.

I'm hoping it's an early stretch or even the initial one.

Beefcake

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +16/-5
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Spriggan
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 03:41:39 PM »
It's a cool idea. Hope they do it commercially. Otherwise I may just get another regular one and paint it black

Warsong

• Minion
  • Serendipity: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 05:31:32 PM »
should be a $5 add-on in the next KS, or maybe $10 to also do the alt gender brigand too.  Shoould not really run more than that, seeing as they already have the molds completed.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment