Author Topic: [NL] The Netherlands  (Read 2629 times)

mezzin

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +6/-0
  • Acoylyte
    • View Profile
[NL] The Netherlands
« on: June 01, 2013, 03:14:10 AM »
I think there might be a lot of Dutch Kickstarters so it might be good to see who and where and we might set up some games when the first games are being send to us and start playing :) And also help each other a bit in the painting department because that will take up a lot of time and we all want to do it right or at least a acceptable level so the game looks more awesome. Also I and a bit worried about the shear amount of miniatures. I am totaling around 220+.

So let me start :) I live in Anna Paulowna (small town in the top of the province Noord-Holland) and I work in Amsterdam. So I have some room to travel if needed. 

Any other kickstarters living  in the Netherlands?

I have backed the Apprentice level and I added:
  • Treasure Deck Expansion
  • Slaughterfield Supplement Pack    
  • Quest Expansion 1    
  • Agents of Darkness
  • 6x6 Tile Supplement 1
  • The Darkness Enemy Figures (Elemental Boss, Boss, Plastic)
  • Hero Figures (Spriggan, Kickstarter Exclusive, Plastic)
  • Hero Figures (Skald, Male & Female 2 Pack, Plastic)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:28:10 PM by mezzin »

The Voivod

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +15/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Archer
Re: [NL] The Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 04:11:29 AM »
I would't mind a dutch meet up, when the time comes.
I live in Breda, but don't have a car, so I'm dependend on public transport.

I have quite a bit of painting experience and am sure I'll never get all the models done. Simply to many projects going on.
I'll be able to give some pointers though.
'Torture first, then talk. It's better that way. Rush a torture, ruin a torture.'

mezzin

• Double Captain
  • Acoylyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 04:16:38 AM »
Hi Voivod,

Welcome :)

We should then be meeting in the middle :) or something. I have a car so that saves a bit for me but still a long drive. And the NS is way to expensive. When the time comes we sort something out.

skolo

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +10/-2
  • finish the sentence: "no its a ...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 10:58:55 AM »
I`m not Dutch but living with my family in Rotterdam. Double Captain pledge so a lot of painting as well ;-)
Will probably sell my second copy anyway.

mezzin

• Double Captain
  • Acoylyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 02:38:36 AM »
Lol I have changed the wording a bit to include everybody in the netherlands ;) if the games arives we need to get somewhere to meet and play.

Lucky for us we get the games around november (first batch) That will keep us busy. And I have a lot of Warhammer 40k to do as well.

BTW there is a nice workshop in Utrecht about painting :) http://blog.subcultures.nl/event-registration/?ee=85

skolo

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +10/-2
  • finish the sentence: "no its a ...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »
i can give you painting workshop for free if you have  your own paints. you dont have to pay 100usd for it ;-)
and we can play Myth in a meantime ;P

mezzin

• Double Captain
  • Acoylyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »
Tnx Skolo for the offer :) That might be a good idea  ;D

Learning to paint is just doing ^_^ just finished 3 marines and working on 4th and some terminators but those have a lot more detail so with just a 1 hour here and there it takes very long but it is relaxing a nice pace change very needed with work and home being very busy.

Dexyd

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 07:44:08 AM »
I'm from Belgium, but thats practically the same ;) (I'm actually a Dutch guy living in Belgium) So if I've got time and the misses is fine with it, I might come to a meeting.
I've got zero experience with these type of games and painting is something I did decades ago @ school. ;)

mezzin

• Double Captain
  • Acoylyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 03:57:37 AM »
Hi Dexyd.

True indeed. Belgium is almost the same ;) We need to figure out how and when still but it depends a bit where we all live. I live in Anna Paulowna skolo in Rotterdam I thought. So we have almost the max distance already.

But in time more people will join or maybe we can ask Mercs to send a message to all the backers to sign up so there are more people going to the forums. And more possibility of meeting players.