Author Topic: Palettes  (Read 4379 times)

Zuke174

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Trickster
Re: Palettes
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 06:42:25 PM »
I was planning to match the original game art as well. A friend of mine suggests doing that, to reinforce the association between the cards and the minis. Makes sense, and I just like the original art color schemes anyway. I was also planning to paint the edges of the bases with the class colors, based on the cards. So far we've seen:
Soldier - Blue
Apprentice - Red
Archer - Green
Acolyte - Orange
Brigand - Brown
I'm sure we'll see the rest later on. All the monsters would probably get black, and I'll need something neutral for things like traps and treasure markers.

Also, Artisan: you can find blank outlines of the base heroes on Chris Doughman's site; just search his name on Google, and you'll find all his work for MYTH.

Artisan

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +19/-5
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Les Stroud
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 05:25:15 PM »
As far as my palettes go, I've split up my minis by both monster type and by role.  For example, I want all of my Orcs to be green (clearly) and accented by purple.  Thus, my Orcs will be tiny incredible hulks.  But within the Orc minions, the one holding the club will be a different shade of green than the one holding the axe or the one holding the sword.  The Orc captain will be a different shade of green, too.

This same thing goes for all my other monster types.  The minions, captains, and minibosses will all stick to a common base color, supplemented with a set of accent colors unique to their monster type.
- Arachnids: browns and grays with green accents
- Rats: grays and browns with yellow and orange accents
- Skeletons: bone with charcoal and light blue accents
- Elementals: grayscale, with royal blue accents (that little minion with the flaming head is tricky!)
- Cyclops: flesh with red accents

When it comes to the minotaur, Conner, Twilight Knight, and Razorfiend, I've got totally separate palettes for them.  And, or course, the bosses are just crazy.  I think my plan (so far) is:
- Arachnid Boss: flesh-brown with gold and green accents
- Orc: bone-white with a grey beard and purple accents
- Skeletal: light gray with blue and silver accents
- Rat: dark gray with red eyes and yellow bandages
- Cyclops: dark red with a flaming eye and gold and bone accents
- Fire Drake: black base with a flame pattern overlaid, with silver accents
Don't listen to anything I say.  I'm still a n00b.

Iron Syndicate

• The Typo!
  • Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +15/-0
  • Ask me about our specials.
    • View Profile
    • ItaiRose.com
  • Hero: Spider-Man
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 05:30:37 PM »
Also, Artisan: you can find blank outlines of the base heroes on Chris Doughman's site; just search his name on Google, and you'll find all his work for MYTH.

Let's make life a little easier:

And - Trickster has to be gold with red accents... I mean, he is Iron Man after all....
Typo free since 2015.

Artisan

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +19/-5
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Les Stroud
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 05:38:23 PM »
Yeah, he's obviously Iron Man.  BUT he could be WarMachine or Iron Patriot just as easily for those Double Captains out there!

... Side note: I'm inevitably going to end up calling him a Kickster.  I just know it.
Don't listen to anything I say.  I'm still a n00b.