Author Topic: My first real attempt at painting a mini  (Read 1586 times)

WunupKid

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +14/-2
  • Deep Pockets
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Acolyte
My first real attempt at painting a mini
« on: September 06, 2013, 11:33:40 PM »
So I've played tabletop wargames for years..but I've never bothered painting my miniatures. I was always the guy with the army that was just primed, mostly because I didn't want to screw it up..not really understanding that you have to start from somewhere to get good.

Recently I've gotten back into Warmachine (in no small part due to the Warmachine: Tactics kickstarter), and decided since the game uses such small forces, I was going to have a full painted army, and Gods be damned how they looked, but they'd be fully painted.

I've dabbled a bit in the past with painting minis, but to no great effect. This was my first real attempt at using even basic techniques like washes and thinned paints. Really, I'm happy with how he looks so far (still needs his shield painted and the mini needs to be based), my only complaint is that I'm using a couple crappy citadel brushes that are several years old.

So enough with the stalling, I give you, my Khador Iron Fang Pikeman leader.

Edit: Turns out the images are huge, so I just changed it to a link to an imgur album with the pics.

The color scheme is that of FC Barcelona..and also not far off the traditional Khador colors.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:35:55 PM by WunupKid »
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The Voivod

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +15/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Archer
Re: My first real attempt at painting a mini
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 04:15:03 AM »
Not bad at all.
No paint streaks, so you thinned it out right and the paints is where it's supposed to be.
Nice job.
'Torture first, then talk. It's better that way. Rush a torture, ruin a torture.'

Beefcake

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +16/-5
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Spriggan
Re: My first real attempt at painting a mini
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 04:36:59 AM »
Nice job. A really good beginning. You'll be a master in no time