Author Topic: XCom: Enemy Unknown  (Read 1629 times)

WunupKid

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +14/-2
  • Deep Pockets
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Acolyte
XCom: Enemy Unknown
« on: November 13, 2013, 02:42:05 AM »
So...I just have to say, this game is awesome.

I mean it's been out since last fall. I've played through and beat it. More than once. A lot of people know about it, it's no big secret. But if you don't know about it...well you need to.

I bring it up because this is a video game that, more than any game out there, plays like a board game while still feeling like a video game. If you haven't yet played it, as a board game fan you're doing yourself a disservice.

And the expansion, Enemy Within, dropped today. So far in my limited amount of play time it's added a lot of depth to the game. If you already have it, and it's sitting on the shelf gathering dust, Enemy Within is worth the investment and will bring you back to the game all over again.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Beefcake

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +16/-5
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Spriggan
Re: XCom: Enemy Unknown
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 05:08:06 AM »
The original was awesome. Very boardgame like. In fact, I've seen more than one forum thread working on a tabletop version of it. I liked in the old one how you developed the base yourself, the layout had to be pretty good because the aliens would invade your base.

WunupKid

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +14/-2
  • Deep Pockets
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Acolyte
Re: XCom: Enemy Unknown
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 03:06:39 AM »
I haven't gotten there yet, but I've heard that the expansion includes base defense missions.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.