Author Topic: Update #91 The Belly of the Beast  (Read 9903 times)

Fade2Gray

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +12/-1
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Green Lantern
Re: Update #91 The Belly of the Beast
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »
I think the only way to truly finish Duncan is to take his head.

My character will be named Connor.

There can be only one! ...until the sequels.

Also, confirmed! Donnchadh was trained by a giant dog... and might be related to him. This analogy is getting weird now.
All You're Typo Are Belong To Us

Madclaw

• Global Moderator
  • Archer
  • Serendipity: +42/-3
  • Protecting you while you post!
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 02:08:19 AM »
@thetang You have to remember, from what we know of agent cards you get to just add them to your deck for free. You don't need to swap them out with another card to make room. So, knowing that the counter-attack ability is quite nice. I could see soldier and brigand taking nice advantage of this card.
The New and Improved Murphy Bat, with all new Kung Fu Moderator Grip!

Smoothsmith

• Captain
  • Serendipity: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 07:43:32 AM »
@thetang You have to remember, from what we know of agent cards you get to just add them to your deck for free. You don't need to swap them out with another card to make room. So, knowing that the counter-attack ability is quite nice. I could see soldier and brigand taking nice advantage of this card.

While I did initially think things worked like that, a stray thought made me think you don't actually get to stay with 26.

The reason for it is that if you gained an agent card then at the end of a story you could swap it for another normal card and well..then you have 26 normal cards which isn't supposed to be possible. There must just be something missed out somewhere ^^.

RemiBureau

• Archer
  • Serendipity: +27/-1
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Acolyte
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 08:34:40 AM »

While I did initially think things worked like that, a stray thought made me think you don't actually get to stay with 26.

The reason for it is that if you gained an agent card then at the end of a story you could swap it for another normal card and well..then you have 26 normal cards which isn't supposed to be possible. There must just be something missed out somewhere ^^.

Yes, while not clearly explained in the rule, I'm pretty sure you must remove a card to make room for the agent card. SmoothSmith has a good point, and if the same hero grabbed all agent cards, he'd have a 29 cards deck...

I think, for now at least, with adventurer level heroes, you always have a 25 cards deck.
Acolyte - Keeping the Faith since 2015

thetang22

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +18/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 08:52:05 AM »
I thought the same thing about the 25 card limit, but after reading the section on Agents in the new Rules PDF, the verbiage suggests the Agent card is added without removing any other cards.

This does create problems for future deck manipulation, as noted.  Perhaps when manipulating your deck via Story methods, you can't swap out Agent cards.  But the question becomes - how do you then remove an Agent card if you no longer want it?

Fade2Gray

• Double Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 12:09:22 PM »
Yeah. The agent portion explicitly states that you may not manipulate your deck when you gain an agent card. I would assume removing another card keep your deck at 25 would be deck manipulation.

The point I'm unclear on is whether heroes get to keep those cards between acts/stories. I'm tentatively assuming 'no.'

RemiBureau

• Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 12:43:07 PM »
Well, the rules say, you can't manipulate it any other way, which could mean you don't remove a card, but, to me, it simply means it's not a regular deck manipulation (you choose a card to add and remove one). I could be rwrong though, hopefully Brian will clarify this, maybe in a new reference document.

And I'm pretty sure you get to keep agent cards between acts and stories, or else, why would they mention you can't have more then one copy of each agent's card?

reddish22

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 12:04:32 PM »
I agree with you Remi, that that's probably what that line meant and we'll see Brian clarify it soon.

Oileta

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +5/-0
  • Double Captain
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 02:20:02 PM »
does anyone know when they are going to put out reference support/sneak peek at the non-base game hero cards? I would love to be looking at those already....

Eric the Unready

• Lair
  • Serendipity: +6/-1
  • Sling me some Hero-juice!
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Trickster
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014, 04:36:21 PM »
does anyone know when they are going to put out reference support/sneak peek at the non-base game hero cards? I would love to be looking at those already....

I would think they would hold those back til closer to April when we will be getting the KS mini's. Everything right now is gearing up about the base game.

Fade2Gray

• Double Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »
That would make since. They also probably have their hands full getting the shipping snafus worked out as it is, so I wouldn't expect much until we hear that they got that all sorted out.

RemiBureau

• Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 10:10:43 PM »
Yes, and I'm still waiting for a confirmation of the address change, starting to get nervous since I guess shipping should start next week or the following, unless the customs issue isn't resolved by then.

Madclaw

• Global Moderator
  • Archer
  • Serendipity: +42/-3
  • Protecting you while you post!
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2014, 02:30:53 AM »
I'm really curious as to how the order of things are going to be shipped. Are they going to do waves like they did with the backerkit? Or perhaps specific pledge levels? Ideas?
The New and Improved Murphy Bat, with all new Kung Fu Moderator Grip!

Granite26

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 03:40:44 PM »

I would think they would hold those back til closer to April when we will be getting the KS mini's. Everything right now is gearing up about the base game.

More pointedly, I don't think there's any margin in them building up the excitement for that stuff with the actual launch of the game so close.  They want people focused on reviewing and talking about the things non-KSers can actually go out and buy.  I know I would