Author Topic: Myth Tuckboxes  (Read 53386 times)

CarelessOpossum

• Captain
  • Serendipity: +15/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Trickster
Re: Myth Tuckboxes
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 01:44:01 AM »

FYI the hero token for the Spriggan is royal purple,.. So I would guess that his cards will be the same.

The colors for the apprentice and skald are very similar,... But the apprentice ais a little redder,... The skald a bit more burgundy

Edited those two and put them on the first page -- see if I got them close.

What about the Trickster color?

Changed the Acolyte symbol to the symbol I believe is on the cards. The instruction manual .pdf was using the faith candle symbol, though, on the Acolyte class page.

Yamato

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +16/-1
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Necromancer
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 09:11:48 AM »
I think the Trickster is good,.... But until we see the actual cards, I guess we can't know for sure,... It might be a brighter yellow.

I think the Archer should be greener,... And perhaps the apprentice redder,... But color is always a bit tricky in pictures.

CarelessOpossum

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 09:41:24 AM »
I think the Trickster is good,.... But until we see the actual cards, I guess we can't know for sure,... It might be a brighter yellow.

I think the Archer should be greener,... And perhaps the apprentice redder,... But color is always a bit tricky in pictures.

Tweaked Archer and Apprentice a bit and uploaded the sample to the first page. Thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:13:21 AM by CarelessOpossum »

Granite26

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 10:22:07 AM »
These are awesome

RemiBureau

• Archer
  • Serendipity: +27/-1
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Acolyte
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 11:27:12 AM »
I'm jealous of your skills, I wish I had time and talent to do image creations like these. It would have been very helpful in my attempt at making larger player boards.

I think the new boxes look good, but maybe the items on the box should be a little smaller because they seem to be low-res.
Acolyte - Keeping the Faith since 2015

CarelessOpossum

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2014, 01:42:21 AM »
I recieved the green light to upload/distribute these from Brian, so I have added a download link to the first post.

And now, everyone's favorite 40-card supplement pack:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:47:08 AM by CarelessOpossum »

Yamato

• Double Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2014, 09:26:03 AM »
Sweet!  If you have the green light, this would be a perfect addition to BGG.  Tey have a files section under each game.

Awesome work!

RemiBureau

• Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2014, 11:09:42 AM »
Great work man! And it's cool of them to allow public distribution!

Dec

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2014, 12:18:55 PM »
very nice work.
at what scale you print the file? because I printed board and dimensions seems a little high. the character cards are not 63 * 88mm?

CarelessOpossum

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2014, 01:11:06 PM »
I did not scale when I printed, just rotate/center.

The inside is sized for sleeved cards, with 2.5mm (1/8") or so wiggle room both in height and width. Mainly did this to prevent the "doesn't work with my sleeves" issue down the road when people who didn't kickstart put them in 3rd party sleeves. For example, I dropped a card with a FFG sleeve in to test, and it used up the extra 2.5mm in available height, because they are taller than the ultra-pros that I sized the box with.

You may be able to scale it down a bit and get them to fit more snugly with your particular sleeves, but there isn't a terribly large amount of movement with even the ultra-pros from what I can tell.

Yamato

• Double Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 09:06:47 AM »
They are wonderful work!  again,... well done!

any chance of a Quest Deck box,..... and maybe a Darkness box?

those cards will be all lonely w/o tuckboxes of their own.

Endevor

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 09:58:14 AM »
Very very good, thanks. I will build them.

CarelessOpossum

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2014, 10:43:29 AM »
I'm willing to give it a go for the other cards, but I need some feedback on the best way to organize them.. I feel like I'm flying blind for the most part, not having the game and all.

10-card boxes for each darkness deck, with a separate box for all bosses?
15-ish card boxes for each darkness deck, with appropriate boss cards included?

I figured I would do one for all the monster stat cards - probably around a 30-card capacity to be safe

One for mini-bosses?

One for agents? Or group those with the mini-bosses.

One for followers/allies?

Endevor

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2014, 10:51:10 AM »
You don't have to fight the boss to use his darkness deck (you can even mix the decks).
I would do either 1 60 cards (maybe too big) or 6 10 cards (the boxes may be too small).
You choose 1 deck (or more) at the beginning of the session. And put all the other cards back in the deck.

There is no card for allies (they are in the rulebook).

And i would do 1 box for all monsters, bosses, mini bosses and agent, you will have to open the deck at the beginning of the session, except for bosses and agent if you don't play them as mini bosses all the other cards will be usefull in a session.

I am an adept of the fewer boxes the better :)

RemiBureau

• Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2014, 10:57:44 AM »
You don't have to fight the boss to use his darkness deck (you can even mix the decks).
I would do either 1 60 cards (maybe too big) or 6 10 cards (the boxes may be too small).
You choose 1 deck (or more) at the beginning of the session. And put all the other cards back in the deck.

There is no card for allies (they are in the rulebook).

And i would do 1 box for all monsters, bosses, mini bosses and agent, you will have to open the deck at the beginning of the session, except for bosses and agent if you don't play them as mini bosses all the other cards will be usefull in a session.

I am an adept of the fewer boxes the better :)

What he said. I think putting every monster cards together makes a lot of sense, and limits the number of boxes.

Regarding darkness decks boxes, I'd aim in the middle. 30 sleeved cards (you could use the same size as hero boxes). This allows to print boxes as needed with future expansions.

Quick question about dimensions : you said that using FFG sleeves, it's a "tight" fit, even though the box is about a full cm taller and wider than the cards? I don't own FFG sleeves but are they really that big?