Author Topic: First attempt thread  (Read 17783 times)

Artisan

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +19/-5
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Les Stroud
Re: First attempt thread
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2014, 12:08:06 PM »
Try it now.  Apparently, I didn't use the checkmark in the preferred font size on the proxy webernet keystroke dongle.  Or something.
Don't listen to anything I say.  I'm still a n00b.

Kooris

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2014, 12:33:19 PM »
One question, what's going on with the minis in photos 3 and 4? Did you re-spray them from a distance with a lighter primer?

Artisan

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +19/-5
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Les Stroud
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2014, 02:15:49 PM »
Zenithal priming: dark underneath, then light from the direction of the light source.  In this case, I just went with light being overhead with all of them.  It's a way to add quick highlights before you ever really start painting.  I think zenithal is mainly for paiting quick armies, but in my case, I just wanted to see if I could do it.  Tomorrow, I start with eyes and flesh, I reckon.  I really have no clue what I'm doing, other than the dozens of YouTube videos I've watched the past year.
Don't listen to anything I say.  I'm still a n00b.

Kooris

• Myth Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2014, 04:10:29 PM »
Cool, it looks pretty interesting, I might give it a go with mine if I have the stones for it at the time. It's been a while since I painted miniatures and priming by hand hasn't worked well for me in my recent test run. Usually I'd stick with either black or white primer but the bleached bone (or whatever that beige-ey colour is, I was only familiar with the citadel paint family) looks good before getting stuck in.

Kisada

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 04:42:47 PM »
These grubbers aren't complete but I wanted to share what I have so far

rissajeanne

• Myth Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2015, 03:57:24 PM »
Here is my first painting attempt. Both paint and varnish went on a little too thick, so I will focus on improving that next time. Any other suggestions welcome.

I used Vallejo's black surface primer (brushed on), Basic Colors USA paints, and matte varnish.