Author Topic: Update 123: The Fury of the Fireborne  (Read 3855 times)

Tott_Donetta

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +8/-1
  • Myth Captain Backer
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
Update 123: The Fury of the Fireborne
« on: July 02, 2014, 07:31:29 AM »
not sure how to link this properly, but what does everyone think of this update?
will EU backers get the new hero cards when their pledges finally turn up?
this update seems to require new tokens and things, do we just print them off? is there a separate file for printing these tokens?

how comes these forums are so quiet lately? :p

aerisson

• Merchant
  • Serendipity: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Update 123: The Fury of the Fireborne
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 07:43:46 AM »
No, EU won't have the V2 cards in their pledge, as our base games have been printed at the same times that the US. V2 cards will be available during the next KS, as stated in the update.

And I also found the forum very quiet. Let's hope everyone is playing Myth :)

RemiBureau

• Archer
  • Serendipity: +27/-1
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Acolyte
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »
Only cards need to be printed, the required tokens are all in the base set.

For now, until there is a definitive update to the card, I think I'll print these on regular paper on just slide them in the sleeve with the real card. When they release the final version of the cards, I'll have them printed professionally or will get the Mercs reprint if the price is right.
Acolyte - Keeping the Faith since 2015

Tott_Donetta

• Double Captain
  • Myth Captain Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 10:49:53 AM »
For now, until there is a definitive update to the card, I think I'll print these on regular paper on just slide them in the sleeve with the real card.

good idea! I'll do that. when my set finally turns up!
its supposed to be this month isn't it? is

MisterMannIndy

• Lair
  • Serendipity: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 11:26:29 AM »
Yeah, these forums are on life support these days.  Very few posts, and very few reads of the small number of new posts that are here.  It's a shame really because LoM had a much more friendly atmosphere than that other place.  Maybe when everyone gets Myth delivered traffic will pickup.  Plus it's Summer in Northern Hemisphere, so maybe more people are outside and spending less time on Forums in general.

As for the Update (for some reason I have a hard time calling it a "patch", but that's me ... I think update has a much better ring to it and conjures up the notion that there's more than just "fixes" in the content ... but I digress...)......  As for the update, I like the content, and I like the strategy even more.  I was called to the carpet on BGG because I had the audacity to call it innovative, but that's what I believe.  I think the notion of treating content electronically (given most of us have the means/ability to print it) extends the life of the game and encourages us (the community) to extend it ourselves - like the new quests and monster variants being posted.  Pretty cool in my opinion. 

I was looking forward to the new cards, and overall was quite pleased with the changes.  I had them professionally printed and will print any here at home that need revisions.  I will print out the new hero cards when they are released in future patches (Skald, Spriggan, etc.) so any updates that are needed will be done at that time. 

I have only skimmed the new manual format, but from what I saw, I am pleased with what's being done.  They have a long way to go (and I honestly expected more progress) - with community feedback and 90days till the next release, I expect significant progress by the next patch date.

Time will tell, but I think McG has taken community feedback and reacted to the asks/demands.  They've proven they listen and I can't complain about that.

RemiBureau

• Archer
  • Serendipity: +27/-1
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Acolyte
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 07:55:32 PM »
Yeah, these forums are on life support these days.  Very few posts, and very few reads of the small number of new posts that are here.  It's a shame really because LoM had a much more friendly atmosphere than that other place.  Maybe when everyone gets Myth delivered traffic will pickup.  Plus it's Summer in Northern Hemisphere, so maybe more people are outside and spending less time on Forums in general.

As for the Update (for some reason I have a hard time calling it a "patch", but that's me ... I think update has a much better ring to it and conjures up the notion that there's more than just "fixes" in the content ... but I digress...)......  As for the update, I like the content, and I like the strategy even more.  I was called to the carpet on BGG because I had the audacity to call it innovative, but that's what I believe.  I think the notion of treating content electronically (given most of us have the means/ability to print it) extends the life of the game and encourages us (the community) to extend it ourselves - like the new quests and monster variants being posted.  Pretty cool in my opinion. 

I was looking forward to the new cards, and overall was quite pleased with the changes.  I had them professionally printed and will print any here at home that need revisions.  I will print out the new hero cards when they are released in future patches (Skald, Spriggan, etc.) so any updates that are needed will be done at that time. 

I have only skimmed the new manual format, but from what I saw, I am pleased with what's being done.  They have a long way to go (and I honestly expected more progress) - with community feedback and 90days till the next release, I expect significant progress by the next patch date.

Time will tell, but I think McG has taken community feedback and reacted to the asks/demands.  They've proven they listen and I can't complain about that.

You're right (about everything in that post!).

I'm a bit concerned by the new quest though. Not because of what they're going for, the ideas in it are great.

My concern is mostly about how the "special rules" of the quest are included. To me, they are as vague as the rule book is. While I'm confident I'll play it and enjoy it, I'm not sure I'll play it as intended...
The best example of this is the new trap. I had to read everything a couple times, and then try to understand what the tokens represented, and then figure out how it should be played.

Like the original rulebook, it's in no way unplayable, but requires some head scratching...
Acolyte - Keeping the Faith since 2015

CHADD

• Merchant
  • Serendipity: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Brigand
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 10:09:42 PM »

I for one am waiting on the second wave of stuff before making another run at my gaming group. They were really excited when the game arrived and wanted to play right away and didn't give me any time to learn the rules even though I told them there were some issues with the rule book. They wanted to just learn by playing but it was such a struggle that it sort of soured them on it. I feel that I have a much better grasp now but need some new toys to lure them in with.

chimaerical

• Merchant
  • Serendipity: +8/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Sellsword
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 07:39:57 PM »

For me, it's two things -

1) My interest in keeping up to date with Myth has waned somewhat which each promise and then delay in delivery. It's hard to join the conversation when I haven't had a chance to play the game.

2) I am more of a forum lurker and only tend to comment when I have something to say. Ive been working on some custom content for Myth but life, as it does, intervened.
“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”

Tott_Donetta

• Double Captain
  • Myth Captain Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 06:02:15 AM »

1) My interest in keeping up to date with Myth has waned somewhat which each promise and then delay in delivery. It's hard to join the conversation when I haven't had a chance to play the game.

I know what you mean! I'm also trying to avoid 'spoilers' I guess, I want to discover the game by myself first before i read up on it too much. I think until I play it its going to be difficult to get my head around the rules and things and so reading about people discussing stuff like that feels a bit like reading hieroglyphics