Author Topic: suicide run.... again  (Read 1502 times)

Oileta

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +5/-0
  • Double Captain
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
suicide run.... again
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:17:29 PM »
so, with the video gameplay I feel like I FINALLY understand this card. However, I have one question about whether or not certain MP can add to it.
1) there is a shortsword (?) green item and the fate recipe is for hustle +2 MP. that presents two scenarios
a) fate recipe generated prior to suicide run (like for shadow's reach), so the hustle is available prior to suicide run
b) the attack of suicide run itself produces the fate recipe
my personal thoughts would be that a) would apply but b) would not. But, I really want b) to count! there is something thematic about suddently extending the run an additional two spaces than planned.

the brigand advanced card Shadowstep gives MP even in Shadows that does not count as a move.
argument for: it is extra MP as reaction that is allowed in shadows
argument against: the suicide run card says "hustle" specifically.

and to clarify: even though the updated card wording is ambiguous, my undertanding is that you cannot use your base movement as part of the suicide run. is this correct?

Endevor

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +13/-3
    • View Profile
Re: suicide run.... again
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 12:28:07 PM »
a) yes
b) yes

Only hustle you are right

And we talked with kenny to modify V2 wording, you CANNOT use your own MP to fuel suicide run, it will be clarified in the next batch.

Oileta

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +5/-0
  • Double Captain
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
Re: suicide run.... again
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 01:50:52 PM »
thanks, and yes they need to clarify. I assume also that although the initial 2 MP do not count as move, any hustle does count as move.

sad day about shadowstep. although that bonus would make it the most amazing upgrade card in existence.

i like the shortsword even more now that I know that b) is also true. thanks!