Author Topic: d10/FD attack management  (Read 1843 times)

Oileta

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +5/-0
  • Double Captain
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
d10/FD attack management
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:08:53 AM »
So, I am developing some minion classes, and I have run into a card 'grammar' question: I feel like to date either
1) FD is part of attack, but dependent on successful hit to roll FD dice (e.g. crawlers)
2) FD is not attached to attack but happens every darkness cycle (e.g. Yardu)

however, I want a third category
3) FD are part of attack, but FD are rolled along with D10, and FD recipe is not dependent on d10 success. This is not like yardu because it targets the exact character the traditional attack does, and is dictated by range etc just like attack.

my current solution is to have the d10 and FD listed on the attack, but add the bold word 'simultaneous' to the FD recipe description (or somewhere in the attack) to clarify that both dice types are rolled.

anyone have better ideas? is this unclear? (obviously the word 'simultaneous' would then be part of the definition of terms in the rulebook, so as to not clutter the card)

Endevor

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +13/-3
    • View Profile
Re: d10/FD attack management
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:05:12 PM »
Use the boss way (rolling after the attack but not correlated on success) and write exactly what it does :
Attack "Attack of the Death" 3D10
On hit kill the target.

4 FD
Rage "Inflict Curse on the target of Attack of the Death"

I think it is better not to introduce new keywords or "grammar" when you can avoid it.'

Oileta

• Double Captain
  • Double Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:11:30 PM »
I agree about wanting to minimize the dictionary, but that means I need the space for the wording "on the target of __________", which might be problematic. I will toy with it.

PS I had a feeling you would be the one to respond. Thanks as always endevor. you make me wish I spoke French.

Endevor

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:15:38 PM »
I know about wording space... i kept fighting the other translator to make everything fit on the cards...

Translation in french often increase size of books by 30%.
for example "per hit" translate into "par attaque réussie" :) i had to add a keyword "per AR" but my keyword is in the rulebook, it is easier.

Oileta

• Double Captain
  • Double Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 10:19:06 PM »
I also want to toy with category 4) requires a successful FD to roll a D10. this seems less practical in general, but it could come up. so if there are so many options, it seems like they should have some good card 'grammar' and rules in the rulebook to clarify

JantatiParaka

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • maxbet
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 01:43:26 AM »
is seems less practical in general, but it could come up. so if there are so many

Haemovit

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • คาสิโนออนไลน์ได้เงินจริง
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 01:48:12 AM »
Is a bad thing if there is more than necessary