Author Topic: I am looking for a Myth pledge to Australia  (Read 2693 times)

vinakro

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I am looking for a Myth pledge to Australia
« on: September 10, 2014, 03:09:02 AM »
Hey guys!

I became of MYTH after joining the MERCS Kickstarter; unfortunately I wasn't part of Kickstarter until late 2013. I tried searching for anywhere to get MYTH, but living in Western Australia, it's been pretty difficult. The LGS's here aren't stocking it and won't be in the future as far as I know. Due to all the shipping delays I decided to pause on my search for a while thinking that maybe once they do start shipping, the game will be easier to find. It unfortunately hasn't.

Due to the exorbitant shipping fee many places try charging, it's financially unfeasible for me to get the core set + add-ons (CSI charges over $80USD just for the core set for example). I'd be willing to pay reasonably for shipping, as long as there was enough content value; it just doesn't feel right to try to buy something at $63 and get charged $80 for shipping. That's why I'm asking here if anyone has a pledge that they're trying to part with and is willing to ship it to/within Australia? If you do, feel free to PM or reply here!

I'd be extremely grateful. Even after reading all the negativity on the internet, I still want to get into the game, but the cost/difficulty to find is holding me back at the moment.

Cheers
Vincent

mezzin

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +6/-0
  • Acoylyte
    • View Profile
Re: I am looking for a Myth pledge to Australia
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 03:49:33 AM »
Because the game is not in big circulation you might wait a bit longer it will get around as the game will be available in the AU. But if you order from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JKU170S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER the shpping is 30 dollar for a 60 dollar game that is not a lot.

Oileta

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +5/-0
  • Double Captain
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 10:49:32 PM »
you might be able to then supplement the base game you buy yourself with extras from people that went double captain. For instance, double captain has 8 muckers (orc captains), and they will probably be willing to part.
I think I have takers on most of my duplicates, but it won't hurt to ask.

vinakro

• Myth Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 07:12:23 AM »
Ah I didn't consider Amazon (shipping has historically been really expensive or didn't ship at all), thanks for that!

That's a good idea Oileta! To anyone still reading, if you do have duplicates you're willing to part with, please send me a PM!

mezzin

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +6/-0
  • Acoylyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 01:15:32 PM »
Ah I didn't consider Amazon (shipping has historically been really expensive or didn't ship at all), thanks for that!

That's a good idea Oileta! To anyone still reading, if you do have duplicates you're willing to part with, please send me a PM!
No problem but the better deal is always a pledge ofcourse but try to drop mercs a line they might have some pledges left (they had them a month or so ago for al the cancelations)

vinakro

• Myth Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 06:18:39 AM »
Yeah, an actual pledge would be the best value. I don't mind paying premium since I most likely won't see the majority of the various add-ons available in Australia and it'll be a lot more work buying them individually.

I asked Nikki already; unfortunately, they have none left.

CHADD

• Merchant
  • Serendipity: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Brigand
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 07:19:36 AM »
vinakro, once the rest of the Kickstarter stuff arrives I'm going to give it another shot with my gaming group but if it doesn't go over well again then I'll be willing to sell my pledge so I can pick up some other games. I will definitely post on this forum first if that's the case. No idea what the shipping cost to you would be but we can always check.

MisterMannIndy

• Lair
  • Serendipity: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 08:24:22 AM »
Yeah, an actual pledge would be the best value. I don't mind paying premium since I most likely won't see the majority of the various add-ons available in Australia and it'll be a lot more work buying them individually.

I asked Nikki already; unfortunately, they have none left.

Vinakro - sorry you weren't able to pickup a pledge through Mercs.  Have you tried posting over at BGG?  I haven't seen anything there, so I thought I'd point you in that direction.  There may be people in your country that would sell their pledge straight away.  I saw that Australia is now receiving packages from Mercs.  There's really not much traffic here to see your "ask" and if you're serious about picking up a pledge you may have better luck at a place that has vastly more activity.

Best of luck!

vinakro

• Myth Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 07:09:04 AM »
Cheers CHADD, let me know!

And I'll give a post on the BGG forum thanks!