Author Topic: MYTH - Looking to Purchase Replacement Base Game Map Boards and Terrain Tiles  (Read 2099 times)

0mega0ne

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone!

*My apologies to everyone if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum, I was not sure where I should be posting*

I was referred to post here by Jonathan Ricks on my problem with replacing 2 map boards and 2 Terrain Tiles from MYTH here.

I am from Malaysia and backed the Myth Kickstarter, and recently received the shipment of the base game + cards.

Unfortunately in my eagerness to sleeve and prepare all the cards and components I left my box open and with some of my smaller map sections and some of the card terrain in the box.

Sometime during the night my cat decided he'd like to take a pee and used my box as a litter tray! =(

Suffice to say the terrain cards and map sections within were totally destroyed as they had soaked up all the cat urine. =(

Fortunately the box itself was fine thanks to the thick cardboard insert that was provided.

Unfortunately I now have a few map sections (2 of the base game 4x6 sections) and 2 terrain cards (2 - 1 with cart and on the flipside bookcase / study table, and another with a table and rack on the flipside) that are somewhat unusable as they have been soaked and warped after drying or have some cat urine damage on them.

I am looking to purchase the specific replacement boards and Terrain pieces from anyone who has extra copies and is interested in selling them, as I would love to have my full set of non-cat urine components as to not freak out my fellow gamers.  :(

Please see the link below for a picture of the damaged pieces (I can provide closer images for all 4 pieces I need replacements for):
http://i.imgur.com/rMSvEib.jpg?1

Thank you all for your time and patience!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:21:38 PM by 0mega0ne »

MisterMannIndy

• Lair
  • Serendipity: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Apprentice
I highly recommend posting somewhere where there's:

A)  A reasonable amount of Myth Traffic - BGG/MegaCon
B)  Somewhere where Mercs will see it - MegaCon

You should also send Nikki a message explaining your situation - mercs@mercsminis.com

0mega0ne

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi!

I did send several messages to Megacon games and their mercs@mercsminis.com addresses received no response for over a week, only obtained a vague reply on the Kickstarter comments that I "may" be able to purchase replacements after they sent out all copies of the game. Haven't received any response on my request for clarification on what they meant by that.

Jonathan Ricks recommended that I post here so I followed his advice, my apologies if this was not the correct place to do so.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:33:34 AM by 0mega0ne »

MisterMannIndy

• Lair
  • Serendipity: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Hi!

I did send several messages to Megacon games and their mercs@mercsminis.com addresses received no response for over a week, only obtained a vague reply on the Kickstarter comments that I "may" be able to purchase replacements after they sent out all copies of the game. Haven't received any response on my request for clarification on what they meant by that.

Jonathan Ricks recommended that I post here so I followed his advice, my apologies if this was not the correct place to do so.

Thanks!
No need to apologize.  This site has minimal traffic, at best.  I've described it as on "life support" in the past and stand by that assertion. 

That response you got on KS doesn't sound vague at all - they said it was possible once fulfillment is done.  They will see if they have any inventory left and then respond once that is known.  The entire team is working on little sleep in order to complete fulfillment.  They've been operating this way since the beginning of Aug. 

They haven't responded to your email to Nikki because:

1)  They already responded in KS comments
2)  They have no additional information for you until fulfillment is complete

But you probably know all this given you're hanging out on KS comments.  Given you've received the answer from Mercs and need other's assistance, my advice is to post places with the most sets of "myth eyes" as possible - boardgamegeek.com and megacongames.com. 

Best of luck.

When I wrote this response, 12 people had seen this thread...

Madclaw

• Global Moderator
  • Archer
  • Serendipity: +42/-3
  • Protecting you while you post!
    • View Profile
I agree with MisterMann, you're best bet is to contact MegaCon and see what they say. They have been busy between GenCon and trying to get everything out to backers as of lately so it may take a little time for a reply.
The New and Improved Murphy Bat, with all new Kung Fu Moderator Grip!