Author Topic: item specials, horrifying spear  (Read 1121 times)

Oileta

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +5/-0
  • Double Captain
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Skald
item specials, horrifying spear
« on: January 15, 2014, 09:05:33 PM »
this is a general discussion on items that is springboarded by the horrifying spear as presented on pg 20 of the rulebook. the weapon has both a special without a FD recipe and one with a recipe.
1) if the D10s fail to hit, but the FD recipe is successful, does that mean the recipe is effective (2 damage to target up to 4 spaces away)? if you must hit, do normal rules apply (you would have to have a D10 apply to that TN)?
2) for the special rule w/o a FD recipe, do you need to hit with the TN, or is it automatically applied?
3) for the special rule (hit next target in line 1 square away), how much damage is that? based off of the action card? what about AoE cards that would already affect that square? Doubly affected or could you reassign?

RemiBureau

• Archer
  • Serendipity: +27/-1
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Acolyte
Re: item specials, horrifying spear
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:03:18 PM »
1. if your attack fails, FD recipes fails also (or rather, you ignore FD recipes).

1 and 2. The way the special power and the FD power are written ,my understanding is that they both succeed automatically. That being said, I think that if the monster in the new square targeted by either power has a different TN, you SHOULD have to apply a new d10 to that TN (but the wording, at least to me, suggests otherwise)
Basically, I think the weapon's powers that allow you to target additionnal spaces should simply do that, extend the AoE of the attack, and thus, you must apply a d10 for each TN you want to affect in that AoE.

3. the damage is based off the attack card. if the attack card is an AoE, I don't think you can use the special power of the weapon on a space already in the AoE, but that's not based on anything official. In the current Soldier deck, there is no card that could enter in conflict with the spear though.
Acolyte - Keeping the Faith since 2015

JeanSparki

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: item specials, horrifying spear
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 05:52:19 AM »
Gaano kalaki ang pinagmulan ng malaking data na ito? Magkano ang data na maaari kong makuha, dahil pinaghihinalaan ko na ang malaking nilalaman na ito ay tinanggal sa database?