Author Topic: Deck Customization Rules  (Read 1353 times)

Granite26

• Acoylyte
  • Serendipity: +8/-0
    • View Profile
Deck Customization Rules
« on: March 31, 2015, 03:55:18 PM »
Given the new JM cards, deck building is going to be a more important thing.  Having played a lot of CCGs, I'm well aware of how much a single card change can alter the way an entire deck plays.

In myth however, this customization is tied innately with the slow (slow) character progression.

I'm pretty sure that I am going to house rule the deck customization reward to be a card purchase reward.  This will still create a serious irreversible decision point (what do I buy), but won't penalize the player overmuch for a bad decision.

Basically, you start with all 25 base cards.  When you get your first deck modification, you instead purchase a card that can be used in your deck.  Effectively you'll get a deck modification as normal, but if you decide you REMOVED the wrong card, you can switch that out for free (between games).

Going forward, this will be even more powerful, as you will be able to tweak your deck based on the heroes you are playing with, or the challenges you expect to face.  (with cards like NCAs and Interrogations, I think this'll be very important.  People complain about dead cards NOW... imagine what it'll look like with MORE situational cards required?)

I think this is a good balance between the deck modification system, and an uber liberal 'buying a slot for any green card' system.

The Voivod

• Double Captain
  • Serendipity: +15/-0
    • View Profile
  • Hero: Archer
Re: Deck Customization Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 11:35:18 AM »
Last time (make that first time) we finished a story quest we decided we'd be allowed both the title and the deck manipulation, because we don't get to play that often and we'd probably never make it to journeymen.

I have to gently push my boys into the gamer camp, so daddy gets to use all his toys.
'Torture first, then talk. It's better that way. Rush a torture, ruin a torture.'

Mansadi

• Myth Fan
  • Serendipity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Deck Customization Rules
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 04:52:46 AM »
The past, I have, but find the answer alone about this. This has been known.